Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Today might have been the hardest yet.

Hey all!

So, after having a wonderful birthday, concluded with half of a red velvet cupcake, I found it almost impossible today to motivate myself.



I had one of those days where I kept telling myself, "Cmon Katie, you need to do something. Anything. COME ON." Well... MY PLAN was to go to this cardio class at 6:30. Needless to say, I didn't go. At 6:27 (My gym is down the street from mi casa) I decided I didn't want to do a class because the introvert in me kinda wanted to keep my lack of motivation to myself.

Then I took a moment with me. This might sound nuts, but sometimes it is the only way I can get myself to listen to my heart and not my mind. This process entails me stepping away for some alone time, taking a few deep breaths and kinda zoning out. It allows me to re focus and realize what I need to get done.

Did I take the class? Negative. BUT I did go to the gym, turned the treadmill up to 5, incline on 8 and went a mile. Oh, and I had 10 lb weights around my ankles.  Followed that up with an arm set and left the gym feeling good. This was your classic "dreading the gym but being thrilled that you did it" situation.  I really really really REALLY didn't want to go, at all, but I did it any way and am much happier that I did. I know if I didn't go, I would be sitting here feeling like crap.

Anywhoo...

Yesterday was rad. THANK YOU all so much for the birthday wishes, I was amazed by how many of you took time out of your day to do that. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My friends and I went on a BEAUTIFUL hike in Dublin. Check out the view!





Don't Worry, Be Happy! 
-KG

1 comment: