Friday, March 20, 2015

Just a few thoughts for you on a Friday!

Friday! Friday! Friday! I couldn't be happier that the weekend is here! I'm waddling around like a freakin penguin today but that is actually a really REALLY good thing.

Took the Bean (My dog...Her name is Bailey but I call her Bean quite a bit) for a nice long walk with one of my best friends! I notice that walking with company makes it SO much easier! We got home and Bailey immediately went to sleep so that is how I know it was a good walk! :)

Last night's kickboxing class kicked my ass... again. While I was panting, sweating and giving everything I had in that class, it hurt so much. At one point I actually was repeating to myself, "Cmon Katie, you can't fail." I must have said that 80 times last night.

Anyways - enough with the play by play... I was thinking about something yesterday that I would like to share.

First, my friend Gina sent me this and I LOVE it.



Great right?

OK! So here's my thought. I was thinking about how many people struggle with weight and how hard it can be. I know that there are days that I wake up and just want to say SCREW THIS, and go to Val's Burgers in Hayward, CA and slam a Mama burger and some fries into my face and wash it all down with a chocolate/banana milkshake. *(Which by the way that is my restaurant of choice for when I meet my goal! I highly recommend following up a great weight success with a Val's burger. It's life changing. http://www.yelp.com/biz/vals-burgers-hayward )* I was thinking about these things when it hit me... I've only been at this for BARELY A WEEK! Holy CRAP... just ONE WEEK. When I thought about that I thought about what an amazing amount of work a have ahead of me. In thinking about that, I told myself over and over again that yes, while I have a s**t ton of work in my very near future, I know it will be worth it.

While running this mental marathon I realized, I actually made myself feel better! It started with a minor feeling of fear for the hard work I face, then that feeling of never getting there and followed that up with a very serious "I CAN DO THIS." THAT right there is the ticket. Everyone under the sun and moon could tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS... but if YOU don't believe it, it won't happen.

It has to start with you and trust me, I know how hard it is. I am still sort of in the, "I sure hope I can pull this off stage." When I feel that "not sure" feeling start to come on, I just continue to tell myself that this is MY challenge and the only person that will get in my way is ME. Don't let yourself get in the way. Do what you know you'll need to do and you'll get there.

All of this coming from the girl who can't SEE any results yet... I just know that the process is started and that I am responsible for keeping it moving.

Speaking of not being able to SEE any results... because trust me, I don't see anything happening YET. Key word = YET. This is another situation where I am trying to let my mind take control. When I am looking in the mirror later on today and I don't see any changes, I will be noticing other things. Getting healthy is not all physical. While I might not SEE the changes, I can FEEL them.
If you're reading this for motivation, please pay a lot of attention to what I just said. I promise you, you won't see the results right away. While you're thinking that might be discouraging... try to focus instead on your insides. Your insides have to feel better first before your outside can transform. I only know this because, unfortunately, I've been here before and remember looking in the mirror and asking myself why the F I was working so hard if I wasn't seeing any results. I'll never forget the words my trainer told me:

"Your outsides can't look better before your insides do."

Brilliant.

Take that. Think about it. Believe it. Know you're not alone and, well, as Nike would say, "JUST DO IT."

SlĂ inte,
KGreen


2 comments: