Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Friday My Friends!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! It's Friday! Who's excited?! Clearly I am!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!



I have to brag a bit about how fantastic I am feeling lately! It is amazing how a lifestyle change can completely revitalize you! I thought, going into this, that this was going to be grueling and that I was going to feel like I was deprived of "good" food (good is in quotations because it wasn't good FOR me, it just tasted good) forever. Here we are almost 2 full weeks later and I have completely LOST my cravings! I don't want a coffee loaded with creamer anymore. I don't want to eat some big greasy meal only to feel like crap later. I don't want juice or soda. I don't want booze. I also find myself not wanting to follow my lazy pattern from before. I'm antsy and want to move! I have so much energy and feel so much clearer in my head, it is AMAZING!

I was talking to my friend yesterday on our evening walk about this whole thing. About how much I was dreading having to make change. People would tell me to just "wait until a month goes by" and see how much better I feel. Well... for me that sounds freaking terrible because I'm impatient and an only child and I want it NOW. :) I kid, but no really,  I wanted to see results and feel the change instantly. Needless to say, I let that go and just decided to do what I needed to do and check it out! Almost 2 whole weeks, and I am no longer struggling with it! If you're knowing that you need to make change but feel like the results will never come, please trust me here. THEY. WILL. COME. I started to feel better within the first few days. Even though I couldn't SEE anything, I could feel it. That is how it starts and it just gets easier from there. Yes, the first few days are rough. You'll drive by that Val's Burgers or that In N Out and want to stop SO BAD. You'll want to just stay on the couch and not go to the gym or go on that hike you promised yourself you would go on. DON'T DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS. Stay strong. You'll be a lot happier with yourself for NOT stopping to get that burger. You'll be a lot happier actually getting off your couch and going to the gym or taking that hike. Take my word for it. You'll feel so good when you finish your workout knowing that you were strong.

Another thing that I have been thinking is that a support system during this process is SO important. The first day... FIRST DAY of my meal prep, almost every single one of my best friends invited me to go eat some delicious thing with them! I wanted to go with all of them SO BADLY, but had to decline. In telling my girls why I couldn't go get donuts, sandwiches and gyros, they all responded the same way. CHEERING ME ON. They didn't make me feel bad for not going to go eat with them, but rather told me that they're proud of me for making a change and that they have full faith in me that I can do it. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people all the time.

If you're one of those people who has supported me, whether it be my mom and dad, Zac, my girlie friends, my co workers or my listeners/viewers who have been following online, THANK YOU. You have contributed to my motivation to be a better me, and that means more than you know. So again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Here are a couple photos from my evening hike last night! Lake Chabot in CV






One day at a time. This is doable. <3
-KG


2 comments:

  1. "follow my lazy pattern from before" I doubt you were ever lazy for any length of time.

    ReplyDelete