Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ouch...today hurts.

So...if you're just joining in on reading this, you should probably know that I am really trying with all my might to get back into shape. I have started meal prepping and have been working out as hard as I can every day. This blog is just a way for me to talk about my journey and post updates.

Something else that I have been teetering on making public was how MUCH I weigh... to me, it's embarrassing because it's the most I've ever weighed. Now, in telling you this, I am keeping the mind set that I will NOT weigh this much for long, so this is just a temporary figure.

On Sunday, I bought a scale...that bastard... and got on it for the first time in a year....

HOLY 179.4 LBS, BATMAN!!! WHAT. THE. SHIT.

Now, I understand that this isn't heavy for everyone... someone who's 6' something would have 179.4 lbs look GREAT on them... but on my 5'4" figure...179.4 lbs is NOT the business....

BUT - I am PLEASED to announce to you that in just 3 days of simply eating clean and working my ass off, I am down to 174.3 lbs. I can't SEE it yet... but I can feel it! I feel more energized, determined, motivated and excited about this process rather than dreading it as I had. I think the logic behind this is I now KNOW that I can do it, I'm no longer wondering IF I can.

If you're where I was... overweight, depressed, tired and/or feeling like you're stuck... you're not. Take it from someone who literally thought I was just doomed. I love my food... I love my whiskey... I love my outings with my friends... I LOVE to cook... and I realized that some of those things were really screwing me up. They're not OUT of my life forever, just for now until I can get this under control.  I know that STARTING this whole process can seem daunting and scary, and don't play it down, it IS. It's scary, difficult, not necessarily fun (at first) and it's frustrating when you can't just SEE results right away. But you CAN do this. If I can do this, you can do this.

If you're a lucky S.O.B. like me with AWESOME work hours, (mine are wake up at 3:30am off at 10:00am) you have to figure out a routine. I've been in radio for about 8 years and I am JUST NOW figuring out how to live around these hours. You MUST take a short nap... not a 4 hour like you'll FEEL like you want...but just an hour. You also HAVE to get to bed at a reasonable time...which I have just now made the rule that tired or not, I get in bed at 9:30pm. It's all a matter of self control, that of which I have a LOT of when I choose to. Again, this is all on me.

The title of this is "Ouch...today hurts" because it does. It seems that every muscle in my body is screaming "WTF" at me. I guess this is a good thing. Yesterday I strapped on my 10lb ankle weights and walked to my gym...which was a little ridiculous because I was sweating and panting when I walked IN the door. I proceeded to do my hour workout and then walk home. While I was hating my existence, I'm realizing that without all of that, I won't get anywhere. So... in the words of Dori... I have to "just keep swimming"... or working out and eating clean for that matter.



As for today, the diet continues... and the workout will happen. Even though I'm walking like a penguin I will go to the gym or for a nice long walk with Bailey today when I get home from work... then tonight at 7, I'm hitting another cardio ass kicking class!

If you're reading this for motivation, and you take anything from what I'm saying...just know that there is NOTHING beyond you. If you tell yourself you CAN'T, then you probably can't and won't. Tell yourself that you CAN and you WILL.

Hakuna Matata,
KG



3 comments:

  1. Hang in there and keep strong! I to gained and my Dr. gave me instructions to loose 15 lbs to keep my blood pressure under control, i have lost 5 in 2 weeks by just cutting out carbohydrates ...eating fruit / red meat once a week and lotsa fresh vegis.....trust me i really miss that pasta! I wish you the best of luck !!! you can Do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way ta go! Love your blog, it motivates me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I took steroids for a back injury I gained 30 plus . This will pass before you know it. Nothing worked till I started shakes

    ReplyDelete