Thursday, April 9, 2015

Just a little boost if you're feeling a little down...

Heyy everyone! Happy Friday's Eve!!

I had an awesome conversation with my dad yesterday about this whole change I have made in my life and I figured I'd share.

I called him yesterday at work right before he was leaving for the gym. We were talking about my health, diet, exercise routine and just life in general. I was telling him that I feel better now than I really ever remember feeling before.  The thing that I find to be the coolest part of all of this is that I did it myself. No one can or will do this for me, so I had to do it myself. I'm succeeding in that which is REALLY a cool feeling.

I was also telling my dad how I can't SEE results yet, still just feeling them... That is something that has been bugging me quite a bit. I'm working my ass off and feeling like I should see more happening. I know I FEEL better, which is equally important, but you know what I mean. I'd love to see the inches disappearing. I know that will come, eventually. I just have to keep working hard.

After I got off the phone with my dad, I went straight to the gym, then from the gym I went on a 2 mile walk with my dog and friend, Erika. It's amazing how 4 weeks ago, you couldn't PAY me to come home from work and immediately go work out. I had mentally programmed myself to think that I was just "too tired" to do it. That was a sorry excuse that I am pissed I used for so long. Yes, my hours are quite the biotch. Yes, I AM tired all the time. But so what?! Working out more has actually BOOSTED my energy... imagine that!!

Things are good - I'm much happier and I know that I am on my way to my goal.

NOW.. one thing that I have been asked multiple times over the last week or so is exactly HOW MUCH I've lost so far...

I know that weight can be kind of a bogus game to play. Muscle weighs more than fat. So as I slim down with what I eat, I am gaining muscle by working out so much. Either way, the answer is 12 lbs! Yep! I am down 12 lbs since I started all of this. It's not a HUGE number, but it is a start and it makes me happy to think that I am on my way to a better me!



And as always, if you're reading this for motivation just know that you have to start somewhere and that starting is the hardest part! When you're starting you think about how LONG you're going to have to do this. You think about how hungry you're going to feel. You think about how tiring working out is and how sore you might get. Take it from me, SUCK IT UP.  Yes... all of those things I just listed will probably be true but put your head up and just do it. You'll feel SO much better, so much stronger and most importantly PROUD of yourself for taking the steps needed to improve yourself, which again, as I said, is something that only YOU can do.

Lets make today GREAT!!
KG

1 comment:

  1. Good show Katie. Never give up strugglin for what you really want, not ever . . .

    ReplyDelete