Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Diet, Workout Routine and Struggles.

Hey All!!

That's a hell of a title huh? It's just a "tease" for this post. :)

First and foremost, I want to thank EVERYONE again for the continuous support and love that I have been receiving during this really crucial change in my life. I don't think I could be as successful as I have been without you guys.

ALRIGHTY - lets get to it!

I've been getting a lot of messages about my diet. When I first started this process, I was meal prepping 5 meals a day.  I posted exactly what I was prepping in my earlier posts. It has been about a month since I started, and I am now down to 4 meals a day! It is amazing how your body works. I used to snack and NEVER feel satisfied. Now, I can have a small snack and feel content or "held over" until my next meal! It really has been a difficult retraining my body that I don't need to eat until I feel FULL... I just need to eat to be content! If you need some tips, I found this article really helpful when I was getting started: Tips On How To Meal Prep

Another topic a lot of you are asking me about is my workout routine! I have a problem that I am finding is pretty common... I get BORED!! I get bored EASILY! If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you'll see that I have been hiking every single day! Something about being outside, wandering and reaching the top of a mountain really has been enjoyable and challenging! We are so blessed here in the Bay Area to be surrounded by trails and beautiful views! I highly recommend, if your schedule permits, fitting a hike into your day. Here are some photos from my hikes.






But back to my point - here is my workout schedule:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Hike in the morning and gym after dinner with an ARM / AB set.
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday: Hike in the morning and gym after dinner with a LEG / AB set.
REST ON SUNDAY

It hasn't been easy and there has been more than one occasion where I had to literally talk myself into doing what I needed to do. This is where the "Struggles" part of the blog starts... I recently updated you on how much I've lost. I have lost a couple more pounds since the last update, but I have stayed at that weight for a few days. When you're losing weight every day it is somewhat discouraging to see that stop while I have been sticking strictly to my diet. I know that I am doing what I need to do and that as long as I keep it up, I will reach my goal. I gotta tell you right this second though, it is a little frustrating.



Having said that, I promise you all, I won't give up!

Be Happy, Be True... Be YOU,
KG



No comments:

Post a Comment