Thursday, June 25, 2015

I am HAPPY.

Happy Friday's Eve Friends!



I hope everyone is having a great week! I am FINALLY back on my grind and have been busting ass this week.

Now, while I say "busting ass"... I have dialed it back JUST a tad. When I started all of this, I was blessed to have a lot of company around me on hikes. Well, as life happens, schedules change and not everything is as it was, so my hikes have taken a bit of a hit because I refuse to do them alone. Why?? It's not safe and there are creepers out there. Now having said that, I have found ways to get my "steps" in. (Fitbit cheers you on to get more steps and I seem to have picked up the lingo.)

When I can't hike, I walk around the neighborhood with friends and/or my dog. I started a walk the other day, with the intention of going 3.5 miles max... I ended up loving my music so much and it was so nice outside I ended up going 6.5 miles. I also have a walking date with my daddio every week. You just have to find something you love to do, find some awesome music to do it to, and DO IT.

I was thinking today when I was out on a hike, that this whole thing has taught me SO much. I used to sit at home, and if I didn't want to go workout, I wouldn't. I would tell myself, "tomorrow" or "next Monday"... I would put that shit off until I couldn't anymore. Which is exactly what happened, and in hind sight, had I got off my ass sooner, I would have had a lot less work to do. Oh well... ya live and ya learn.

Today was one of those days that I did NOT want to do ANNNYYYTHHHINNNGGG. I got home from work, sat down on the couch and my little Bailey curled up in my lap. I started to sink into the couch and I had to stop myself. I knew if I let myself relax a bit, my walk was not going to happen. So I got up, took my pre workout and got my butt in gear.



Not only did I do it, I went farther than I had anticipated AND I added a level of intensity of running up every hill I faced both ways. I finished up 4 miles today and got in my car. Boom! That was it! Done! I could go home and relax now! It got me thinking, I am my biggest hurdle. The only person who is going to stop me from hiking or going to the gym, is me. The only person who is going to shovel a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries into my mouth, is me! I am my own worst enemy... or my own hero. It is up to me to make that choice.

I am my own hero.



I have saved myself. I saved myself from an unhealthy lifestyle. I saved myself from potential health issues down the road. I saved myself from laziness. I saved myself from myself. You don't realize how easy it is to fall into the "unhealthy" trap until you fall into it, face first, with a ship anchor tied around your waist. And you don't realize how much you're capable of until you climb the hell out of it. EVERYONE CAN DO THIS. Get in your own heads and make it happen. FOR YOU. 

My mom got me a mug years ago, and I drink tea out of it almost every day. It says:

"Change your thinking, change your ways."

Spot on, Mama. You nailed it. 

A LOT of people have been asking how I have received the progress that I have. Which here it is, 141.3lbs. Just over 40lbs down - Please remember - I am NOT a nutritionist or personal trainer. I am simply sharing what has worked for me over the last few months. 

Finally seeing those little abs come in! 


FOOD: 
Here is my first 2 weeks of meal prep. This instagram account is GREAT for meal prep 
When it comes to snacking, raw unsalted almonds and strawberries (or cherries which are in season right now...YAY!) are my favorite snacks!



WORKOUTS:
I go for some form of a walk or hike every day if I can. Whether it is 1 mile or 7, anything is SOMETHING. Plus it's a great way to clear your mind and get outside

After dinner, I hit the gym. 20 minutes on either the elliptical, treadmill or bike. I prefer the elliptical because everything below my hips cracks and pops like crazy and it seems to happen the least on it. After that, it's arms M/W/F and legs T/TH. (If you want specific details, shoot me an email - katiegreenksfo@gmail.com) I end every workout with 25 sit-ups on a buso ball followed by a 30 second plank with my feet on the buso ball. Repeat 4 rounds. 

Believe in yourself. If YOU say you can't do something, and you believe that... then I hate to break it to you, but you're doomed. You can do ANYTHING. Trust me, if my lazy ass can do it, your lazy ass can do it. ;)



I want to close this by thanking all of you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me, messaging me, clicking "like", commenting, ALL of it. You guys have helped me more than you know through one of the hardest times and I feel that saying "thank you" isn't even close to enough. <3

Live Easy! 
KatieG

No comments:

Post a Comment