Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Heyyoohhhhhh

Hey everyone! Long time,  no blog! Not because I haven't been working out and what not, just because I have been busy.

I wanted to just basically wanted to check in! I have been keeping up with a workout regimen and have loosened up on my diet a bit! Considering I've officially lost 52lbs, I think I'm allowed to have a burger or something unhealthy every now and then! ;)

One thing A LOT of people have been asking me lately is, "How did you do it?!" When I answer with, "diet and exercise" - I get somewhat of a disappointed reaction almost every time. It's like they wanted my answer to be, "Oh! I found this great diet pill and I watch Netflix!"

NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

I don't understand the mentality of wanting this to just happen without any effort. I assure you that there is no pill/shake/superfood/vapor/whatever that will do this for you. I hate to break that to you, but it is true.

Oh, and another thing. The simple act of going into a gym, isn't going to make you lose weight either. I promise that walking into a gym, and sitting down on a machine to check your phone is not going to do a dang thing. It takes work, sweat, a certain amount of pain, motivation and willpower.




For example, I went into a fit of mild Irish rage last night when I got home from the gym. First of all, I did NOT want to go. I was whining like a baby about how I wanted to stay home and skip last night. My boyfriend Zac reminded me that I would just be pissed at myself later and he was right. So I went, came home, showered and sat down to putz around on my phone for a bit before bed. This woman had requested to follow me on Instagram, so I checked out her page. She was a girl who was claiming to have weighed 190lbs (around the same weight I was) and now she's lost 50lbs (also like I have) BUT there was something that really set me off. She claimed to have done it in 2 MONTHS and she claims she did it WITHOUT changing her diet or daily routine.

LYING LIAR THAT LIES. 

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am NOT a nutritionist. I am NOT a personal trainer. I am NOT a professional in the health and fitness world. I also was not born yesterday.  You will not be able to eat whatever you want. You will not be able to sit on your ass and lose weight while taking a pill. This process, which sucks MAJORLY at times, takes work and strength. Not $79 a month on some Rasberry Extract Pill bullshit. Excuse my French.



Anyways - would you guys like me to post my diet and exercise plan? I have a lot of people asking and will gladly type out my day to day plan if you'd like! Give me your feedback and I will make my next move!

Have a great Wednesday!
-KG

1 comment:

  1. Yes Katie, Post it, always post it! When in doubt, blog that shiz! Super serial though, great job on the follow through, keeping at it, and continuing to stay on your grind. Love the show in the mornings, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete