Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Talk about a bump in the road

Good morning!

It has been a while and I hope you all are doing well! I know I dropped off the blogging planet for a bit but I promise you I have a good reason...
...well, maybe not a GOOD reason, but a relatable one.



I have been DOWN.

  • I've been down because of being sick. 
  • I have been down because of this nutso weather we have been having. A gray sky can completely flop my mood for the worst. 
  • I have been down because I felt like I came so far and all of a sudden came to a stop. 
  • I have been down because I haven't been the best about my diet either. 
All of these things have had me in a funk and pissed off at myself.

I even had a donut... and didn't workout after eating said donut. But guess what? It was SO good and I'm not really TOO sorry about it.



Now, before you all start to think that I have completely failed myself or any of you, I have maintained my weight loss. I weighed in this morning at 144.1 lbs. I haven't been hiking as much, but I have been making sure to take 3 to 6 mile walks which have been nice. I was staying away from the gym because, well lets be honest, who the hell wants to be at a gym where the chick next to you is hacking up a lung? That would upset me, so I decided not to subject the rest of the world to it.

I can honestly say that yesterday and today are the first couple days where I have coughed and not coughed anything up. Sorry, gross I know but it is honest. It has been so frustrating to have come so far, been so active, then BAM, coming to a grinding halt. I just keep telling myself that I am not alone, and that I am not doomed. I can always start back up, which I am doing today and I am SO excited about it.



If you have ever hit a bump in the road in regards to fitness, or anything for that matter, don't give up. I assure you that there are people out there that are in the exact same boat and possibly without paddles.

Before I go, I have been asked about my meal prep, which I am back at hard core this week. Here is all the information you'll need to know.  Please keep in mind, I am not a nutritionist. I compiled my meal prep from a bunch of different sources and am sharing it because it has worked for me. 

GROCERY LIST (For the week)

  • 2 - 3 Sweet potatoes (When looking at the sizes of the potatoes, keep in mind you're going to eat 1/2 cooked a day)
  • 1 carton of eggs
  • GNC Lean 25 Shakes (4 pack... I prefer chocolate and strawberry, NOT a fan of the banana) 
  • Raw and Unsalted almonds - Trader Joe's sells pre-packaged bags of raw and unsalted almonds that makes it WAY easy to grab and go. 
  • Chicken thighs
  • Tilapia (I got the frozen ones from Costco) 
For dinner, I alternate between chicken and tilapia filets just to keep it interesting . 


  • Broccoli florets 
  • Asparagus 
  • Carrots 
  • Cherry tomatoes 
  • Strawberries 
  • Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Blueberry Slim Life Yogi Tea 
BREAKFAST:
1 cup of Blueberry Slim Life Yogi Tea, 2 Hard boiled egg WHITES (yep, throw them yolks away) with 1/2 cup of cooked sweet potatoes (I cook them in coconut oil with a tiny bit of salt and pepper)
LUNCH:
1 of the GNC Lean 25 shakes and a hand full of raw almonds 
DINNER:
Chicken thigh or tilapia filet over sauteed broccoli, asparagus, carrots and cherry tomatoes. While it sounds like a lot of ingredients, use a small amount of each one. It keeps it interesting :) 
DESERT:
2 strawberries and 7 dark chocolate chips. (Why 7? Because it is my favorite number.)

Keep in mind, everyone is different. I have been eating like this and working out and it has been working for me. Remember, don't eat dinner too late. For example, I go to bed every night at 9:30 pm so I make sure that I have eaten dinner by 5:30 no later. You don't want to eat too close to bedtime.

Eating healthy and exercise are the keys to this whole thing. There is no magic pill or drink that will do it for you. I am glad to help anyone who may need it. You can always reach out to me on my facebook page or email me at: katiegreenksfo@gmail.com

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment